Wednesday, November 4, 2009

Blogging One Year Now!

I've been blogging regularly, usually, for a full year now. The best part has been that is has encouraged me to go out and search for more information about real estate, and process it well enough to be able to pass it on. I haven't let my personality out as much as I will in the future!

Well, enough about me, onto the really interesting stuff: The extension of the tax credit! Realtors have been hoping that the $8000 tax credit for first time buyers would be extended past November 30th, and it has. There is also a new tax credit for homeowners who are moving into a different house. A $6500 tax credit if they have lived in their current home for 5 years, which isn't as good as the first time buyers credit, but it is something.

Both credits expire at the end of April 2010, and assuming they get signed by President Obama, they hopefully will lessen the winter slump that the industry regularly sees.

No comments:

Post a Comment