Tuesday, August 3, 2010

My Favorite House on the Street of Dreams

I went to the NW Natural Street of Dreams was the modular home by IdeaBox. The Fortino, pictured above, was built off-site, and installed in 2 weeks, which is a long time for them- usually installation is 3-4 days! Many people on the shuttle with me called it a "manufactured home," but this sleek, elegant, and high end small home is far from the parks you may be picturing. Think of a condo in the Pearl, but with your own lot. Think of a European boutique hotel, but your for all time.  At only 1,250 square feet, this 2 bedroom, 2 bathroom, home is a marvel for $148,000, lot not included. I can see myself, and many of my friends and clients, purchasing a home like this. The interior is customizable, and I think it could be easy upgraded as you grew into the home. Perfect for first time buyers, down-sizers, as a vacation home, or a primary residence. I can picture this house at the beach or in the mountains as a vacation home, or a great alternative to a mobile home on acreage. I enjoyed the whole Street of Dreams this year, and I will highlight my other favorite home tomorrow, but I think that IdeaBox's Fortino was the most innovative and creative out of the 6 homes.

No comments:

Post a Comment