Thursday, September 2, 2010

How do Buyers Find Their House?






























The 2009 NAR survey found that buyers split the source of the home they purchase evenly between their Realtors and the internet. It does not qualify if their Realtor sent them the listings they are viewing online, which I do for all of my clients. No one found their house through a magazine of listings, which really makes me question why I'm paying monthly to have my listings put in one. Hmm. 6% found it through a friend, relative or neighbor, which I really like to see, because it let's people build their own neighborhood- have people you like move in next to you! 12% found it through a sign or open house, and I bet most of those buyers went home and checked it out online after they saw the sign, or called their Realtor.

2 comments:

  1. How interesting! Do you think that the internet will eventually replace you, or do you think there is always an important role for the real estate agent?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Finding a trustworthy and good agent is a hard task because mostly agents are just in search of opportunities of sales and concerned with clients side difficulties so care should be before appointing any one for this job.

    ReplyDelete